Well hello there! I hope that you’ve had a wonderful week. We were pretty busy this past weekend watching the weather and preparing for the crazy winter storm. I hope that you all were able to stay in and stay warm! Let’s take a minute to sit back and think about a few of the blessings that God has given us this week.
1) A family member’s great report!
One of my dear family members has had some pretty serious health issues the past several years. Including a massive surgical procedure, multiple medication changes, and the general stress of dealing with health issues for a number of years.
This family member recently went to the Dr. and got a really good report! I’m thankful that the Dr.s and nurses finally found a good combination of treatment and that the family member is starting to feel better physically and hopefully isn’t as stressed.
2) Feeling a bit like Goldilocks…
We moved to this house in 2016 and since then I’ve had at least four different work spaces…
- The first space was relatively close to all the action yet secluded. I was able to spread out all my work stuff and it not be in the way of normal everyday life (most of the time). And Ironically, it’s one of the best places in the house to make phone calls, which was really nice because I was spending a lot of the time on the phone with the Customer Service departments of various companies. However it ended up being too far away and way too secluded.
- The second space was great. I had my own little nook complete with a bulletin board, desk, and office decorations. There was a large table to work on product and it was really quiet. However it was also dark, damp and very dungeon like. (If there’s one thing that I love it’s natural light. I love to see the sun stream into a room and the warmth that comes with it). This particular location had very little…
- The third location was better. It had a lot more natural light and I could even look outside and watch the birds while I worked. It was a little more loud than the other two locations but with my earbuds in and a good song playing I was able to drown most of that out. The biggest issue was that it was HIGHLY effected by the outside temperature. This meant that come Christmas time I was forced to relocate my “office” until Spring.
And now? Now, I think we’ve finally found a solution! I’m now working in the sitting room upstairs. I’ve been able to really deep clean, organize, and figure out what my priorities should be. I’m setting a few daily and weekly goals to help make sure that I’m getting done what needs done and not wasting as much time. While working on this reorganization we cleaned out my closet. What I had assumed was a door for attic access actually turned out to be a little storage cubby! 0: I kid you not, y’all, I was SO excited! I have now deemed it my Narnia door…
3) Our Safety this past weekend!
Ya’ll all the weather people were predicting *almost* blizzard like conditions for our area through all of last weekend. Now, I’m not a huge fan of snow, but I am thankful that we were prepared. We were able to stock up on some extra groceries in case we got snowed in, checking the generator, and hauling wood into the house. I’m thankful that we were able to get all of our running around done safely even though the stores were pretty busy and we had some sort of precipitation falling from the sky a couple of days before the storm actually hit! And the good news is that despite the snow, ice, freezing rain, rain combination and the strong winds OUR POWER NEVER WENT OUT!!
What are some of the blessings that you’ve noticed in your life past week? I’d love for you to share them in the comments below!
Until next time,